About Steve and The Lake House Studio

Steve Duncan is an award-winning Artist. His Lake House Studio specializes in vintage-style design and illustration. Currently Steve is an illustrator developing stationary lines for Carta Bella Paper Company. Along with his work at Carta Bella he accepts freelance projects. His past client list includes Disney Consumer Products, Universal Studios Parks, Williams-Sonoma, Scholastic Books, Inc., Gerber Chidrenswear, October Afternoon, Basic Grey, ModifyInk, and many more. He has served as Art Director at FingerPrints of California and Rebel Entertainment Arts and Licensing, and Creative Director at Suzy's Zoo and Agenda 9.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Flashback to 1998: Sea Turtle Illustration


Several years ago I was requisitioned to create some product artwork for DFS International's Pacific stores. I did a series of illustrations featuring sea animals found in tropical locations around the Pacific. I rendered it using Photoshop without a Wacom Tablet. Having lived in Hawaii during my college days I saw many sea turtles while surfing and snorkeling. They are the most gentle creatures and are fun to swim amongst.

I hope to one day take inspiration from this illustration and rework it. I'm not happy with the island and some of the color. My hope is to design a series of illustrations celebrating Hawaii and this would be a subject for one of the illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment