About Steve and The Lake House Studio

Steve Duncan is an award-winning Artist. His Lake House Studio specializes in vintage-style design and illustration. Currently Steve is an illustrator developing stationary lines for Carta Bella Paper Company. Along with his work at Carta Bella he accepts freelance projects. His past client list includes Disney Consumer Products, Universal Studios Parks, Williams-Sonoma, Scholastic Books, Inc., Gerber Chidrenswear, October Afternoon, Basic Grey, ModifyInk, and many more. He has served as Art Director at FingerPrints of California and Rebel Entertainment Arts and Licensing, and Creative Director at Suzy's Zoo and Agenda 9.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

One Month Until My Much Needed Vacation





Cunard's Queen Mary


Sitmar's FairWind
Illustrations © Carta Bella Paper Company

In one month I'm taking my first transatlantic cruise from Florida to Rome, Italy. I'm an avid cruise enthusiast, having been cruising since I was a little boy.

As a cruise enthusiast the planning of the cruise is as exciting as the trip itself. The deck plan above is an illustration that I did for Carta Bella Paper Company's line Let's Cruise. It's a re-rendering of Sitmar Cruise Line's FairWind (later purchased by Princess Cruises in the 80's).

Creating this illustration brought back wonderful memories. The first time I sailed on the FairWind I was 17. I remember taking the cruise brochure with me everywhere I'd go to memorize the layout of the ship. I'd imagine all of the fun that'd I'd have and all of the places I'd hang out. It was a life changing cruise and one of my fondest memories from my youth. I met a group of 10 kids, from all over the world, and for 14 days we traveled all around the Caribbean. We shared experiences of back home and made new memories. Disco was all the rage and from 10pm to 3am every night we'd be upstairs in the Rendezvous Lounge dancing the night away. To this day the voyage still brings a smile to my face.

Now it is on to Rome and new memories. This upcoming cruise will be my 51st cruise. I still have several projects for Carta Bella Paper Company to wrap up before leaving.  Some really fun ones that I hope will become big sellers. More on these projects as they develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment